Vryburg lies about 150km southwest of Mahikeng
When the Republic of Stellaland was proclaimed in 1882, Vryburg (“Fort of Freedom”) was established as its capital. The Republicans called themselves vrybugers (free citizens) – hence the name of the town.
Today, Vryburg is the industrial and agricultural heartland of the Bophirima region. The area supports a large number of game and cattle ranches.
The town hosts South Africa’s third-largest agricultural show and a series of events dedicated to outdoor activities in the scenic, rugged area surrounding the town.
Home to a variety of wildlife
Established as a stone church in 1904 by the London Missionary Station, now a national monument and restored as an educational institute
Found on the farm Armoedsvlakte northwest of Vryburg, named after sir Arnold Theiler famous for his research into cattle diseases
Bushman engravings and the Old Goal main gate.
Information Courtesy Of www.tourismnorthwest.co.za/vryburg